Lose Your Love Handles
Everyday Weight Loss Tips:
1. Don't skip a meal! Skipping meals encourages binge eating, or uncontrolled eating. If you wait until you are hungry you will end up making the wrong choices. Skipping meals also leads to greater fat storage.
2. On average we eat approximately twice as much bad fat as we should. Become aware of how much you are actually eating each day. Calories from fat should not exceed 20 to 30% of your caloric intake each day.3. Drink plenty of water. It will fill you up and cleanse you all at the same time.
4. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. They not only taste great, they are nutrient-dense foods containing many vitamins, minerals and phyto-nutrients and fiber protecting you from the ongoing effect of free radicals.5. Eat smaller meals 2.5 3 hours apart. This will keep your metabolism working at peak performance, and energy levels stay more balanced throughout the day. Small frequent meals help stabilize blood sugar levels in a way that discourages the storage of calories as fat.
6. Each meal should include a lean protein, a low glycaemic carbohydrate and an essential good fat for optimum nutritional balance.7. Lean proteins consist of fish, skinless white meat chicken or turkey, lean cuts of beef, tofu or protein powder drink mixes, legumes, etc.
8. Vegetables that are steamed or eaten raw contain a much higher % of nutrients than prepared in any other form. Boiling vegetables causes most of the nutrients to be lost in the water. It's best to steam or microwave vegetables.9. Remember salad dressings are high in fat. Use fat-free dressings or other alternatives like lemon juice and rice vinegar.
10. Always think ahead and be prepared. Pack healthy food to take to work with you each day, and most importantly, if you go out to the movies, always bring your own snacks.